How can I help?
Join us! If you're a student, we'd love to have you on one of our teams. If you're an alum, we'd love to have you as an alum mentor for one of our groups.
We're connecting with nonprofits through OvioHub and are reaching out to orgs in the local community and to the LA city government to find new groups we can help and projects we can take on.
We currently have 60+ students signed up as part of TechReach and will be organizing them into groups based on skill-sets. We're looking for people who:
- Have some experience with coding. You don't have to be an expert or check off a list of specific skills, but you should be comfortable with programming.
- Can commit ~ 3-4 hours a week on average
- Feel comfortable working in groups.
We're reaching out to Caltech alums to find mentors for each team who can help guide groups through the project-planning process and serve as a technical resource. We're looking for people who:
- Have some CS-related technical project management experience.
- Have worked directly with interns or early-career individuals in the past.
- Can commit ~ 2-3 hours a week on average.